Standard 11 Surface Mining
The industry-recognised Standard 11 induction aims to give participants the necessary skills and knowledge to safely and competently undertake work in a mining environment.
MyneSight delivers the Standard 11 Induction Program covering the required Standard 11 competencies for Surface coal mining.
NOTE for persons who intend to work at a Queensland mine site
As mine sites will have different requirements for various positions, we recommend that you check first with the site you are intending to work at, or your recruitment company, to see whether this program is right for you.
Upon successful completion of the Full Standard 11 (Inexperienced) program, persons will receive:
- Statement of Attainment (SOA) – Standard 11
NOTE: If you are attending a BMA site, please confirm MyneSight’s Statement of Attainment will be recognised by the provider of the BMA Core Induction.
What to Wear:
- Closed in shoes (training room only)
- Identification i.e. drivers licence
- USI number
- Lunch / Crib. Tea and coffee making facilities are available and fridges are provided for lunch / crib.
- RIICOM201E Communicate in the workplace
- RIIGOV201E Comply with site work processes/procedures
- RIIWHS201E Work safely and follow WHS policies and procedures
- RIIRIS201E Conduct local risk control
- RIIERR205D Apply initial response first aid
- RIIERR302E Respond to local emergencies and incidents
Classroom or online instructional resources and practical activities.
- Entry requirement to work on a Queensland surface mine