|Course Duration||Pre-requisites/Licensing Requirements|
|6 – 8 hours||Previous equivalent Statement of Attainment
RIIRIS301D or RIIRIS301B or RIIRIS301A /
RIIWHS301D or RIIOHS301A / RIICOM301D
or RIICOM301B or USI Transcript + Third
This is an online refresher program for those who have previously obtained and applied their skills.
This program is appropriate for those working in operational roles, safety committees and/or for members of committees at worksites in the Resources and Infrastructure Industries.
On successful completion of this course, trainees will have acquired the skills and knowledge to enable them to undertake the role of and perform the duties and position requirements of a Mine Safety and Health Representative as detailed in the Coal Mining Safety & Health Act 1999.
The course specifically targets coal mine workers who wish to progress their career in the mining industry to the position of a leading hand, supervisor, Superintendent, or those who are elected as Site Safety and Health Representatives.
Upon successful completion of the course, a Statement of Attainment is issued for;
- RIIRIS301D Apply Risk Management Processes
- RIIWHS301D Conduct Safety and Health Investigations
- RIICOM301D Communicate Information
As this will be a highly interactive session, participants are asked that prior to registering they are they are committed to meeting the following criteria:
- Availability to attend and participate in this live event (please do not register if you are not available at the scheduled date and time)
- Having a reliable broadband wired or wireless internet connection
- Install / use Google Chrome as the browser to launch this event (current version)
- Access to a webcam, speakers and microphone – either built-in or USB plug in or wireless blue tooth (most laptops, tablets and phones have these built in)
- You can download the Zoom app ahead of time but we will send you a link that will also prompt download
- Photo ID – Drivers Licence
- USI number