About Standard 11 QLD
The industry-recognised Standard 11 induction aims to give participants the necessary skills and knowledge to safely and competently undertake work in a mining environment.
MyneSight delivers the Standard 11 Induction Program covering the required Standard 11 competencies for both Surface and Underground coal mining. These competencies include:
- RIICOM201E Communicate in the workplace
- RIIGOV201E Comply with siteworkprocesses/procedures
- RIIWHS201E Work safely and follow WHS policies and procedures
- RIIRIS201E Conduct local risk control
- RIIERR205D Apply initial response first aid
- RIIERR302E Respond to local emergencies and incidents
- RIIERR203E Escape from hazardous situations unaided (underground requirement only)
Programs are available for both experienced and inexperienced persons. The program duration consists of:
|Program||Course Duration||Pre-requisites/Licensing Requirements|
|Surface Operations (inexperienced persons)||2 days||No pre-requisites|
|Underground Operations only (inexperienced underground persons)||1 day||Surface Operations Statement of Attainment|
|Surface & Underground (combined)||3 days||No pre-requisites|
|Upgrade/Refresher (recognition of generic induction & site training)||1 day||No pre-requisites|
|Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) (experienced persons)||1 day||No pre-requisites|
NOTE for persons who intend to work at a Queensland mine site
As mine sites will have different requirements for various positions, we recommend that you check first with the site you are intending to work at, or your recruitment company, to see whether this program is right for you.
Some sites are happy to take on inexperienced persons who have only received a Standard 11 Statement of Completion (SOC). They will support you as you start your mining career and help you progress through your logbook. However, there may be some places that only accept persons who have already obtained their Standard 11 Statement of Attainment (SOA).
About the Workplace Verification Logbook
The logbook contains a number of criteria to be used as evidence of your knowledge and skills, and each of these must be validated by an approved trainer assessor on site. He/she must hold the following competencies:
• Standard 11 units
• TAEDEL301 – Provide work skill instruction
• TAEASS402 – Assess competence
You have 6 months to submit your completed logbook and all additional site evidence. Once you’ve returned your logbook to us, we will then be able to issue your official Standard 11 Statement of Attainment (SOA).
Full Standard 11 (Inexperienced)
Upon successful completion of the Full Standard 11 (Inexperienced) program, persons will receive:
- Statement of Completion (SOC) – Standard 11
- Statement of Attainment (SOA) – RIIRIS201E Conduct local risk control
- Workplace Verification Logbook
Upon successful completion of the logbook (returned to MyneSight with site evidence), persons will receive:
- Statement of Attainment (SOA) – Standard 11
NOTE: If you are attending a BMA site, please confirm MyneSight’s RIIRIS201E Statement of Attainment will be recognised by the provider of the BMA Core Induction.
Refresher Standard 11 (Experienced)
Upon successful completion of the Refresher Standard 11 (Experienced) program, a Statement of Attainment (SOA) will be issued to the participant.
Theory via online or classroom instructional resources and practical activities.
What to Bring
Please ensure you wear appropriate clothing and closed-in footwear.
Payment Options & Course Pricing
Payments can be made online before the commencement of the course or on the day of the course, receipt issued upon payment.
Mynesight accepts the following payment options.
- Credit Card (VISA or Mastercard)
- Debit Card (VISA or Mastercard)
- Purchase Order (where company is paying for the course)