About MyneStart – Inexperienced Worker Program
MyneStart Inexperienced Worker Program are highly interactive training programs, focusing primarily on the job training activities to demonstrate and reinforce learning. A diverse range of topics are delivered within the program, including:
- Hazard Identification and Risk Management (SLAM’s, Take 5, JSA’s)
- Common Workplace Hazards (Compressed Air, Fluid Power, Conveyors, Confined Spaces, Lubricants/Chemical Handling, Manual Handling)
- Surface Mine Operations (Cap lamps, Muster Area Procedures, Mine Manager’s Rules)
- Strata Management (Props, Cogs, Bolters)
- Ventilation Management (Temporary Stoppings, Face Ventilation)
- Conveyor Systems (Install, Extend, Retract)
- Safe Working at Heights
- Underground Lifting and Slinging
- Mine Services (Install, Recover)
- Unaided Escape (Level 3 Emergency Exercises)
- Underground Emergency Response
The main benefit recognised from the Inexperienced Worker Program is the clearly identifiable pathways for introducing inexperienced personnel into the underground mining industry. When compared to the traditional introduction methods
To support the delivery of the Inexperienced Worker Program, MyneSight have established unique purpose-built underground training facilities in Mackay and NSW. Referred to as the MyneStart Underground Training Facility, these facilities were unique due to their physical structure and the diverse range and depth of offsite training that they provided.
|Program||Course Duration||Pre-requisites/Licensing Requirements|
|MyneStart Inexperienced Worker Program QLD||Up to 13 day (over a 3 week period)||No pre-requisites|
|MyneStart Inexperienced Worker Program NSW||Up to 13 day (over a 3 week period)||No pre-requisites|
Upon successful completion of the course, a Statement of Completion is issued for;
- Surface and underground operational outcomes
- QLD legislative requirements
- Standard 11 competencies requirements (where required)
Outcomes can be accredited or non-accredited based on legislation & host requirements.
Note: This program is not available for public booking. Participants must be enrolled via their host/employer with an employment based outcome.
Theory via classroom instructional resources and practical activities within simulated underground training facility.
What to Bring
- High Vis Shirt (orange) and Long Trousers
- Steel Capped Boots (closed in shoes in training room; steel aps for within facility)
Payment Options & Course Pricing
Payments can be made online before the commencement of the course or on the day of the course, receipt issued upon payment.
Mynesight accepts the following payment options.
- Credit Card (VISA or Mastercard)
- Debit Card (VISA or Mastercard)
- Purchase Order (where company is paying for the course)