About MyneStart Inexperienced Underground Coal Mineworker Program
MyneStart Inexperienced Worker Program is a highly interactive training program, focusing primarily on the job training activities to demonstrate and reinforce learning.
The main benefit recognised from the Inexperienced Worker Program is the clearly identifiable pathways for introducing inexperienced personnel into the underground mining industry. When compared to the traditional introduction methods
To support the delivery of the this program MyneSight has established unique purpose built underground training facilities in Mackay and Wollongong. Referred to as the MyneStart Underground Training Facility, these facilities were unique due to their physical structure and the diverse range and depth of offsite training that they provided.
- The program is highly interactive within a underground simulated environment, with limited classroom style delivery
- Focusing primarily on on the job tasks, to demonstrate and reinforce learning.
- Safety robust; the trainees have a clear understanding of mining hazards, risks and associated controls before entering a true underground mine.
- Focused & safe training in a controlled replica underground environment develops an in depth level of understanding of the unique hazards & control processes.
A diverse range of topics are delivered within the program, including:
- Standard 11 Surface and Underground (QLD) or Generic Underground Induction (GUI) (NSW)
- Hazard Identification and Risk Management (SLAM’s, Take 5, JSA’s)
- Common Workplace Hazards (Compressed Air, Fluid Power, Conveyors, Confined Spaces, Lubricants/Chemical Handling, Manual Handling)
- Surface Mine Operations (Cap lamps, Muster Area Procedures, Mine Manager’s Rules)
- Strata Management (Props, Cogs, Bolters)
- Ventilation Management (Temporary Stoppings, Face Ventilation)
- Conveyor Systems (Install, Extend, Retract)
- Safe Working at Heights
- Underground Lifting and Slinging
- Mine Services (Install, Recover)
- Unaided Escape (Level 3 Emergency Exercises)
- Underground Emergency Response
|Program||Course Duration||Pre-requisites/Licensing Requirements|
|MyneStart Inexperienced Worker Program QLD||Up to 10 day (over a 2 week period)||No pre-requisites|
Upon successful completion of the course, the following outcome will be issued;
|Work safely and follow WHS policies and procedures||RIIWHS201D||Standard 11 Surface and Underground|
|Comply with site work processes/procedures||RIIGOV201D|
|Communicate in the workplace||RIICOM201D|
|Conduct local risk control||RIIRIS201D|
|Escape from hazardous situation unaided||RIIERR203D|
|Respond to local emergencies and incidents||RIIERR302E|
|Apply initial response first aid||RIIERR205D|
|Conduct underground lifting operations||RIIUND207D||Statement of Attainment|
|Provide First Aid||HLTAID003||Statement of Attainment|
|Work Safely at Heights||RIIWHS204D||Statement of Attainment|
|Conduct atmospheric monitoring (partial completion)||RIIENV301D||Statement of Completion|
|Conduct basic strata control operations including hand held bolters (partial completion)||RIIMCU208D||Statement of Completion|
|Conduct stone Dusting Operations (partial completion)||RIIMCU210D||Statement of Completion|
|Construct and maintain basic ventilation devices (partial completion)||RIIMCU212E||Statement of Completion|
|Intall, maintain and recover reticulation systems (partial completion)||RIIUND201D||Statement of Completion|
|Cable Care and handling||Statement of Completion|
|Dewatering||Statement of Completion|
|Identify and assess envirnmental and heritage concerns||Statement of Completion|
|Respond to site based spills||Statement of Completion|
|Vetter airbags||Statement of Completion|
Outcomes can be accredited or non-accredited based on legislation & host requirements.
Theory via classroom instructional resources and practical activities within simulated underground training facility.
What to Bring
- High Vis Shirt (orange) and Long Trousers
- Steel Capped Boots (closed in shoes in training room; steel aps for within facility)
Payment Options & Course Pricing
Payments can be made online before the commencement of the course or on the day of the course, receipt issued upon payment.
Mynesight accepts the following payment options.
- Credit Card (VISA or Mastercard)
- Debit Card (VISA or Mastercard)
- Purchase Order (where company is paying for the course)